Thank you for your interest in volunteering with Matt Talbot Kitchen & Outreach.
We have temporarily suspended our individual and group volunteer programs while the City of Lincoln COVID-19 Risk Dial is in the red position (indicating a severe risk of the virus spreading).
Here are some suggestions of other ways you can help right now:
- Hold a community/workplace/family/friends drive for needed items such as hygiene products, warm winter gloves, and hand & foot warmers.
- Make a financial contribution through our website. Your gift during this crisis provides essential services for those who need food, shelter, support and hope.
- Give the gift of a gift card! We have a special need for gift cards to grocery stores, Walmart or Target. These can be mailed directly to us at PO Box 80935, Lincoln NE, 68501.
- Provide a meal for our guests from a local restaurant. Contact Sydne at 402-817-0622 to see about available dates.
- Make or donate washable cloth face masks for our staff and guests. Donations can be mailed to Matt Talbot or dropped off by appointment (please contact Victoria at 402-817-0623 to arrange a drop off time).
- Check out our Amazon Wish List where specific items needed for outreach can be purchased. We are practicing social distancing as much as possible, but if you would like to purchase these items locally you may bring them to Matt Talbot during regular business hours. Please contact Outreach Coordinator Sara Sunderman at 402-817-0613 prior to dropping them off.
- Connect with us on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn), especially during this time of social distancing. Share our messages and spread the word that meals and other services are still available.
- Pray and keep us in your good thoughts during these challenging and uncertain days.
If you have any questions or need further information, please contact Victoria O'Neil, Coordinator of Volunteers, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you and stay safe!