Single Use Gloves
As the name implies, single-use gloves are designed for one task, after which they must be discarded. Used properly, they can help keep food safe. However, single-use gloves should NEVER be used in place of hand washing and should ALWAYS be worn when handling ready-to-eat food.
How to Use Gloves
- Wash your hands before putting on gloves each time you start a new task.
- Select the correct glove size.
- Hold gloves by the edge when putting them on. Avoid touching the gloves as much as possible.
- Once you have put them on, check gloves for any rips or tears.
- NEVER blow into gloves.
- NEVER roll gloves to make them easier to put on.
- NEVER wash and reuse gloves.
When to Change Gloves
- As soon as the gloves become dirty or torn.
- Before beginning a different task.
- After an interruption, such as taking a phone call, answering the door, or opening the refrigerator.
- After handling raw meat, seafood, or poultry, and before handling ready-to-eat food.
- After four hours of continuous use.