Procedures for Partial Re-opening of MTKO Dining Room
As of November 2nd Matt Talbot will be open for individuals who are homeless to eat their lunch and dinner meals in the dining room Monday through Friday. Weekend meals will remain to “to go”. We will continue to offer “to go” meals for the foreseeable future to all other guests who are housed. As you know, we had hoped to follow the LLCHD’s risk dial as a gauge for reopening but unfortunately, colder weather is getting in our way of doing this. We have consulted with the Lancaster County Health Department and have come up with the following strategy.
Here are the procedures we will follow:
- Only homeless guests will be allowed to eat their meals in the dining room; all others coming for meals will be asked to exit once they receive a meal, just like they have been doing since we closed the dining room. MTKO staff will be handling the procedure of which guests stay and which guests leave the building.
- We will allow 32 guests for dine-in service.
- There will be 8 tables set up in the dining room, each with Plexiglas dividers so that only 4 guests can sit at each table.
- Each homeless guest staying to dine-in will be required to have their temperature taken. If anyone has a measurable temperature (100.4° or more), they will not be allowed to enter the dine-in area and will need to exit the building with their meal. A referral and basic screening will be done at this time. MTKO staff will handle taking temperatures.
- Meals will be served from 11:00 to 12:30 and 5:00 to 6:30.
- All guests dining in will be asked to leave the dining room area and exit the building at 12:15 for lunches and 6:15 for dinners. This will allow us time for cleaning and sanitization.
- Guests will be required to stay at their table. Once they get up from the table, they will need to exit the building.
- All meals will be served in takeout containers from the beverage area in the kitchen for both dine-in and takeout just like we have been doing for months.
- It will be the hunger relief team’s decision whether the room divider is up or down between the kitchen and the dining room.
- Once a guest has vacated his/her place at the table a volunteer or staff member will sanitize the Plexiglas, table and chair.
Thank you all for the additional support and help through these unusual times. As always, contact me with any questions (402-817-0622 or firstname.lastname@example.org).