How You Can Help
Hunger and homelessness persist, and will likely worsen, during the COVID-19 pandemic. We are committed to doing all we can to help our guests stay healthy, have food security, find & maintain housing, and receive addiction, counseling and case management services as needed.
Here is how you can help:
- Make a financial contribution through our website. Your gift during this crisis provides essential services for those who need food, shelter, support and hope.
- Give the gift of a gift card! We have a special need for gift cards to grocery stores, Walmart or Target. These can be mailed directly to us at PO Box 80935, Lincoln NE, 68501.
- Provide a meal for our guests from a local restaurant. Contact Sydne at 402-817-0622 to see about available dates.
- Check out our Amazon Wish List where specific items needed for outreach can be purchased. We are practicing social distancing as much as possible, but if you would like to purchase these items locally you may bring them to Matt Talbot during regular business hours. Please contact Outreach Coordinator Sara Sunderman at 402-817-0613 prior to dropping them off.
- Create “Notes To Go”. You can help us send a message of hope and encouragement in every boxed meal we provide by writing a note or drawing a picture on a note card and mailing them to us. We will include a note card with every meal as long as they last!
- Connect with us on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn), especially during this time of social distancing. Share our messages and spread the word that meals and other services are still available.
- Pray and keep us in your good thoughts during these challenging and uncertain days.
Thank you for your compassion for the working poor and homeless. We truly appreciate your support!