Events and Donor Engagement Specialist
Matt Talbot is seeking a qualified, mission-driven individual to serve as Events and Donor Engagement Specialist. The Events and Donor Engagement Specialist is responsible for planning and coordinating various special events as well as taking the lead on the corresponding communication, marketing and public relations. These main tasks will take place in addition to the execution of various donor management projects and donor engagement as assigned by the Director of Development and in support of the development team at MTKO. This position reports to the Director of Development.
The Events and Donor Engagement Specialist shall have a Bachelor’s Degree and related experience in event planning, marketing, donor management, or closely related position.
In addition, the Events and Donor Engagement Specialist will:
- Harbor a genuine interest in and concern for the homeless and working poor in our community.
- Demonstrate a commitment to and enthusiasm for the mission of Matt Talbot Kitchen & Outreach.
- Work as a team member with other professionals both within Matt Talbot Kitchen & Outreach and in the broader community.
- Exhibit excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with diverse audiences.
- Possess or obtain knowledge of current and emerging trends in event planning and donor relations.
- Display technological competency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Bloomerang and other relevant tools.
- Collaborate with the media to engage various constituencies.
The position offers a full-time flexible schedule in a supportive team centered environment. Competitive wages and benefits are offered. Qualified applicants should have at least three years of fundraising experience. Interested persons should send their cover letter, resume and completed application to Lori Wellman via email at Lori.Wellman@mtko.org or PO Box 80935, Lincoln, NE 68501. Matt Talbot is an equal opportunity employer.