Director of Development
Matt Talbot is seeking a qualified, mission-driven individual to serve as the Director of Development. This position will be responsible for the overall management of the agency’s fundraising and donor gift development activities. This is a full time salaried position that offers excellent benefits in a team centered flexible environment. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
The Director of Development should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in business administration, public administration, or related field. Qualified applicants should have at least three years of fundraising experience. Interested persons should send their cover letter, resume and completed application to Susanne Blue at firstname.lastname@example.org or PO Box 80935, Lincoln, NE 68501.
Specific qualifications entail:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Three to five years or more of successful experience in fundraising operations including prospect research, acquiring and cultivating donors, and closing complex commitments that may include planned gifts, pledges, campaign and endowment gifts, investment options and potential naming opportunities. This includes the ability to market the fundraising goals creatively and effectively.
- Solid technology and computer skills including the Microsoft suite of programs and an understanding of donor databases and their use.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and to discern and prioritize the relative importance of complex and competing interests.
- The knowledge of planned giving and tax ramifications of such giving is a plus.
- Participation in fundraising continuing education and/or participation in or leadership of fundraising professional organizations is a plus.
- A willingness to get to know the clients of Matt Talbot is key to embracing this position.
- Mentor, supervise, motivate and inspire other development team members, specifically the coordinator of volunteers and event coordinator.